Friday 13 March 2009

Tour to India

Poonam Sahu

In the month of February when it was furiously snowing in UK, I flew from London to Bangalore. It was in the early morning when I reached there. I collected my baggage and came out of the Airport to take a cab to reach the city.


At first I couldn't believe I am back home. But it was so hot that I could at last believe it. It was the month of February and I expected it to be a moderate climate.

I anyhow reached the city, and while that time I saw the Sun rising from the East as well as the Moon in the West.

I could not believe at first, that I could see the morning Sun as well as the Moon and which would be so clear and bright too! It is actually very rarely seen, for both of them cannot be seen together.

I had to take an air-conditioned room to stay as it was pretty hot.

After facing the harsh winter (in UK), in India I at last felt relieved to feel the Sun rays. By the meantime my mom had come to receive me to take me back to my home town.

There also I met many people like some of my old friends and even an English lady who is working in the Income Tax Office in Bangalore. When she came to know I came from UK, she started to ask me about Sheffield. It seemed she was more flabbergasted and excited by the fact that I just returned back home from England.

The very second day I had to catch my train to Bhubaneswar (my home town as well as the capital city of the state of Orissa). So I and my mom had to rush fast as there was too much of traffic there and we needed atleast of two hours or more to reach to the railway station from the hotel.

After 30 hours of my journey in the a/c compartment train, finally I reached home and everyone was out there at the mid of the night to receive me at the station.

I felt so happy that I could not believe that I am backing home again after 8 long-months.

The first night in my room with my younger brothers and sisters, we were so excited that we chatted the whole night and did not sleep.

The next day, it was then around 40 degree temperature outside. I got ready and started to see friends and relatives at my place, flourishing now and then. Everybody was busy feeding me with food items, as they know I did not eat such delicious food since the time I left India.

There I had lot of food of Indian Cuisine.

Every day I used to meet all my family members and friends. I also went to most of the Temples, mainly the Puri Jagannath Temple which is at Puri (Orissa) with my friends. We all stayed there for a day and returned back the next day.

Everybody-my mom, my maternal uncles, my grandparents- all gave me much more special treatment, like giving me their own cars and rooms, etc. It seemed as if I was a guest for all.

But still then I would say that those 25 days stay in India were the most memorable days for me till the time I would be in UK.

As hear, there is a lot of pressure of assignments with all such difficulties like no comfortable transportation and help from anybody. As at home there are so many people and staffs to help me out and I used to have my own vehicles that it was so comfortable to do any work.

But here I have to undergo through lot of pressures and even staying apart, so far away from family and close friends, hurts a lot which also affects work.

It was now time to come back to Sheffield, so everybody was upset. Although it was too hot, I actually had a lot of fun! At last I reached UK on 9th of March 2009 and now back to the busy and tiresome schedule again.

I miss my home and my family a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Poonam darling,

    Good attempt at blogging,dear. Keep writing and keep improving. Good luck.

    But do you remember me or not?

    Sasmi didi

    ReplyDelete