Friday 20 March 2009

Nature at its Peak, yet asleep

By Mohammad Khan

03/03/09

Wow! Wonderful! Beautiful! May be more such exclamatory words remained dumped inside my bosom.

My emotional glands were ripe in my brain; expectations were at its peak. I was thriving and jumping like a little kid in her mother’s lap for milk. The day I was waiting for so anxiously, was today.

A good number of International students (more than sixty) gathered outside HUBS for a tour to Peak district.

It reminded me of Swat valley and Galyat back home (PAKISTAN). Where mountains, stands at seven to eight thousands feet above sea level. Covered with green lush and luxuriant pine trees, more than thirty feet tall.


Narrow but strong river flowing below in these valleys fed up by rivulets and springs flowing down the mountains, presenting a ravishing sight for every eye.

The stills and videos recorded through the lenses of my eyes on imagination’s hard disk cannot be deleted or scratched unless a better and more ravishing scene overwrites them.


The only talk of peak district was enough to arouse my feelings. It always increased my internal craving for the mesmerizing beauty and heavenly attractiveness of Peak district.
Tour organizers, student volunteers guided us all through the journey. Friendly, jolly and beautiful guides spiced up our experience of a tour in a different country.

A short journey by train through the second longest, Tetley tunnel with students from over fourteen different nationalities was mind blowing.

Diversity week has already been celebrated but our tour was a real taste of diversity at SHU for us all.


Glidford; uphill, well treaded, snake like twisting and turning path among the trees was no less attractive than Swat or Galyat.

Old big trees were so feel good on eyes. Thick green moss all around over the tree trunks and over large and small boulders splattered with yellowish brown, dark brown fallen tree leaves was heart catching.
Wonderful! Recalling every moment of the day, minute details of this journey were recorded properly. The plot of this journey was wonderful.

The only thing that pokes me is its theme. The Nature at Peak was yet asleep. I have only seen the innocence and beauty of it while it was asleep.

I have to go back again during full blooming summer. I have to enjoy its openness, its lush green, carpeted floor and forest in August, September. The story is not yet complete. I have to feel and see The Nature at Peak, awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment